Jason  Hvac
Jason Hvac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  EPA certified state of Texas certified
29222271

furnace not kicking on. green light flashing. can take off

Customer Question

furnace not kicking on. green light flashing. can take off the two doors and it will then kick on. any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Hvac replied 4 years ago.
What is the flash code giving you watch flashing closly count the flashes for me
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there were at least 5. I can go check
Ok let me know what the count is
Jason Hvac, HVAC Technician
Experience: EPA certified state of Texas certified
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no flashes now that the furnace has kicked on.
ok turn it off and try again we need the furnance to fell, if the unit wont fell then I will be checking on you off and on until it does
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do I turn it off? Do I open the bottom door? This happened 2 weeks ago but not again until today.

No that will reset power just turn off at t-stat let the unit stop turn back on and lets see what happens

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have turned the thermostat off, the furnace continues to run!
It should run for about 5 minutes then turn off let me know if it dont
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It did turn off. I have turned it back on and turned the thermostat up. I hear it kicking on. The light was not flashing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It just kicked off. I checked the light and it is not flashing. Any suggestions?

So at the moment its working is that what your saying

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes. it kicked off when it reached the temp set on the t-stat. no blinking light? i hear it now kicking back on.
ok this is the problem the tec is having while he's checking it , it appairs to be working, I need it to fell Ill be waiting
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you may wait for a week or so...:)
Ok ill be watching for you just remember when the light starts blinking dont take the door off, If you do it will reset it and we dont want that
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay.
Thanks Ill be watching for you