gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I had a Contractor install a new York gas furnance / ac (Model

I had a Contractor install a new York gas furnance / ac (Model: WOF9857563). From the start, the heater worked approx. 50% of the time. The other 50% of the time, it initially heats and then after 10 minutes it blows out neutral / non-heated air. When I attempt to turn the system off from the wall control panel, it takes approx. an hour to shut off,; vs. the normal standard 5 mins. to shut off.

My so-called Contractor is unable to fix it; claiming it must be a factory quality control issue of some unknown type. Please help me guide him to locate the problem.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 4 years ago.
I am a York dealer so I will pull up the furnace and in the mean time give me serial number of unit.
I pulled up init by serial number . You have a TG9S100C20MP11 95% condensing furnace installed approx 6/11/09. I will need your help on this. When your furnace shuts down I want you to check diagnostic light in blower compartment. The light will flash a code. Look on diagnostic chart and let me know problem area. We will go from there. Sounds like reverse polarity. But the diagnostics will tell us.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'M sorry, I'm confused.

Do I count the number of blinks on the light and then is there a chart to refer to?

Yes this is correct. The chart is inside the door or on the blower housing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

iTS FOUR XXXXX XXXXXGHTS- CHART SAYS ITS "Y PRESENT WITH NO G= T START WIRING ERROR"

WHAT DO YOU THINK THAT MEANS?

Thermostat problem. that is where I would start. The thermostat may not have been set up correctly. Get me model of thermostat and I will research it for you. If you want to go further and eliminate thermostat. Go to furnace take off blower door. You will see Letters R C W G Jump from r to w and let furnace run . See if it operates Ok. Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, I'll try a new thermostat.

I won't know right away because in the past, it initially works properly for the first two to three cycles and then on the fourth cylcle, it blows hot air initially and then nuetral air.

I'll put in a new thermostat to see if that is the trick

Get back to me Rus

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know after a 24-hour period.

Mark

Please do. At least we are eliminating things that could be problem. The hardest aprt of tyhe job I have is not being there to put my eyes on it. What seems like it takes a long time would only take me a few minutes. Please let me know. Rus
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience: 51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC