Douglas
Douglas, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Manufacture Rep for Major Brand, Technical Trainer, NATE
27672032

The fan on my furnace cycles on, but the burner doesnt light.

The fan on my furnace cycles on, but the burner doesn't light. The furnace has an electronic ignition.

Can you please give us the model number from your furnace so that we can reference the specific startup sequence of your unit.

Thank you,

Paul.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Coleman
Model #L8T08016UHB11A
Serial #WKMM050552

Thank you for that information, I am personally not very familiar with Coleman furnaces so will leave this open for another expert in that area to help.

can you remove the furnace door and watch a sequence for me? Does the vent motor come on? Does the ignitor work? Does the gas come on and go back off?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The vent motor does come on. I can hear what I believe to be the ignitor or maybe its relay (a clicking sound on the panel side of the unit). The gas does seem to be coming on as I smell gas briefly while this sequence is going on.
ok. Turn your furnace off.

Locate the ignitor (follow the two white braided leads) and gently remove the ignitor. Dont touch the black part and be careful, they are very fragile. Inspect the black portion for any anomolies. Generlly a small crack is what you may find. Sometimes the crack is highlighted with a white mark. If this is the case, the ignitor needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
That appears to be the problem. The black portion is burned through in one spot. I am on my way to get a replacement. Thanks
Your welcome

If I have answered your question appropriately please click accept. As always feedback and bonuses are welcome and greatly appreciated.
Douglas, HVAC Technician
Experience: Manufacture Rep for Major Brand, Technical Trainer, NATE