Paul, HVAC Technical Trainer
Experience:  15 years experience with all phases of HVAC from OEM design through installation and service.

Hit here, hope you can be of assistance - Im geting really

Hit here, hope you can be of assistance - I'm geting really frustrated because my furnace is pretty old and I can't get any info.
The furnace is an Anthes (I know, never heard of it, right?),at least 30+ yrs. old. I keep it in good condition mechanically (just wish it was more efficient - can't afford a new furnace).
Anyway the furnace used a Honeywell (Cadet controls)L4028C Fan Limit Switch which has recently failed. It has a 3-1/4 inch insert (temp probe)with bimetal strip which actuates a Microswitch. It is the Microswitch that has failed, causing the fan to run non-stop.
Can you tell me what is the right switch to replace this obsolete one? Or, preferably, where I can purchase a new Microswitch (#113814) - there's another # XXXXX the other end - 6-61. With a new Microswitch I'm confident I can rebuild the Controller, wich will make re-install simple and straihtforward.
Thanks so much for your assistance - it's gonna get real cold here in northern B.C. soon.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Paul replied 6 years ago.

I cannot find any reference to an L4028 or an L4028C in any of my Honeywell literature.

I suspect that this is a pretty typical fan / limit with the exception of the 3 1/4" insertion. So My best solution is to go with a current Honeywell product like the L4064 series - I don't know if this will be an issue but the shortest insertion is now 1 1/2" then they jump to 5".

I can give you a link to purchase one of those online if you would like, or I can opt out in case another expert has any other suggestions.

Thank you,