gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

I have a Coleman 7900 series standing pilot furnace, the pilot

Customer Question

I have a Coleman 7900 series standing pilot furnace, the pilot is lit, but the is no power to the unit. I checked the breaker nothing wrong, the control panel is good. When I move the switch to heat or anything nothing happens. What could be the problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 7 years ago.
You may have a bad transformer to check this you need a voltmeter. Rus
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well I do not have a voltmeter, so that creates a problem...Is there anything else I could try?
We .will eliminate thermostat problems. Take thermostat off and jumper R to W. if heat comes on bad thermostat. If you have just replaced thermostat with another. Make sure you have jumper between R and RH. get back with me. rus
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
NO luck there
We have gone as far as we can without voltmeter. Without it you cannot check for low voltage or troubleshoot any farther. If your fan runs when you turn switch at furnace. You know you have voltage to the furnace. But what you need check is 24 volt circuit. Rus