Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

my tempstar furnace blows cold air for a long time after a

Customer Question

my tempstar furnace blows cold air for a long time after a heating cycle...... Also the Aprilaire Thermostat 8570 is set to a really low nighttime temp of 54degrees but everynight the furnace comes on and blows cold air for a long time keep in mind the thermostat says it's 67degrees in the house which means it shouldn't be cycleing on at all. i'm most concern with it blowing cold air for a long time after a heating cycle because i heat the house then it cools it down.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Charles replied 6 years ago.
Hello, The blower has a on delay off delay that lets the heat exchanger heat up before the fan comes on an lets the fan continue to run after shut down to cool the exchanger down. This is controlled by a time delay relay on older units or the control board on newer equipment. Do you have an owners manual on your unit it might have some information on the delay settings also what is the model # XXXXX this air handler?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I don't have an owners manual but the model number is XXXXX HTG.CAP.Input 93SS output MBH93.00AFUE.

Tempstar 9200

Expert:  Charles replied 6 years ago.
ok this unit is going to have a control board can you open the air handler and see if there is any information posted on the back of the cover it may have the delay settings for the fan, also look at the boards LEDs an check the blink code