Joseph, HVAC Technician
Experience:  38 years diversified HVAC/R experience,Presenty an HVAC/R Contractor

I have a Nordyne furnance it will not start It is GL1RC 060D

Customer Question

I have a Nordyne furnance it will not start It is GL1RC 060D 12A is there a reset butoon and where is it??? also where would the fuse be Thanks Terry
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
At the indoor unit the fuse would be somewhere in the electrical section. You can remove the blower door panel and look at the wiring diagram to see even if you have a fuse.that protects the transformer. Also if nothing is working even the blower fan you could for a bad transformer Put fan selector switch on the t-stat to fan ON blower fan starts at least you know you have partial voltage.You only say furnace will not start, but you don't say if everything is dead. Did you verify you have line voltage power at the unit, did you check the circuit breaker to verify thst you have 120 volt at the unit?

Edited by Joseph on 1/14/2010 at 10:53 PM EST