G Wurtz
G Wurtz, HVAC Instructor/Tech
Experience:  Mechanical Contractor for 30 years. HVACR Instructor for 20 years.Combustion Analysis Certified.
27391486

hi, i have a venmar air exchanger, always set to -20 and on

hi, i have a venmar air exchanger, always set to -20 and on min. but the house is always too dry. What setting should i put it on?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  G Wurtz replied 6 years ago.

Hi my name is Greg

You should set the de-humidistat according to the humidity you want to maintain in the house and according to the outdoor temperature conditions. If the house is too dry at the setting you have now (-20) try setting it a little warmer and see what happens. Also the humidity created in the home will vary depending on things like showers, dish washing, laundry and so on, so all these things will also play a role in what your settings need to be. There are no (set in stone) settings to give you to use. Every home is different. Try different settings and see what the results are, then set accordingly in the future.

Good luck, Greg

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Greg, thanks for your reply,

is the de-humidistat the one with the summer to comfort zone? If so, i set it to summer this morning about 4 hours ago, and i came home to lunch and the house is loads better. I will try and keep tinkering with the settings, because our front and back doors always seem to freeze, including the locks!!
Expert:  G Wurtz replied 6 years ago.
Yes, that is the control I was referring to.