gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

my condensor fan for my ac is running while my heat is on.

my condensor fan for my ac is running while my heat is on. I know this isnt right but i'm not sure where to start trouble shooting. My first instinct is the control board or the digital thermostat. heil 4-t gas pak 14 yrs old
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 6 years ago.
You can start by disconnecting the Y yellow wire of the control board at unit. If the condenser fan stops you have a problem from there to inside. If it does not you have problems with unit. Check to see if compressor is running also. Can and compressor run at same time. Start with Y terminal first. Rus
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hey Rus, I pulled the yellow off the board and the condensor fan still runs.......also I may not have been clear about the fact that the fan comes on and goes off with the heat.

What type tstat do you have. Last question Rus

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ritetemp digital
The relay that controls your fan is stuck . Get it replaced. It will not hurt fan to run. It is not an emergency. Rus