gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

I have a coleman evcon presidential furnace 7970C856 in a mobile

I have a coleman evcon presidential furnace 7970C856 in a mobile home, running on natural gas. Pilot light works, and i get the larger flame when the furnace power switch is on. Blower comes on periodically, but blows cool air through the mobile home vents. Blower frequently stays on only a minute or two. This installation is 17 years old. Wondering what might be wrong.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 6 years ago.
You have a bad fan switch. Needs to adjusted or replaced. I dont know if yours is adjustable. The fan switch is located above burner. You can try to remove and clean the switch but I would replace it. The pilot is heating the heat exchanger and it is bringing on the fan. This happens often with the mobile home gas furnaces. Rus If you are completely satisfied with my answer please hit accept. I dont get paid unless you do.