Charles
Charles, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Associates Degree in HVAC with four Years experience
27320605

I have a grandaire model JT5bd-036k that is a year and half

Customer Question

I have a grandaire model JT5bd-036k that is a year and half old. Last night was the coldest in FL, 28 degrees. My fan on the outdoor unit is not working. I hear the unit turn on with out the fan running. This also happened once last summer. It froze up and a tech came and could not find anything wrong. Also is there a reset button I need to push and where is it located?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Charles replied 6 years ago.

Hello there isn't any kind of reset button on the fan motor or condensing unit. This sounds like you could have a capacitor or possibly a fan motor. Be careful doing this but If you can turn the unit on an use something to turn the fan blade manually an it starts turning on its own it will be the capacitor graphic