M Oglesby
M Oglesby, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Universally Certified HVACR Technician
27079509

I have a Bryant Model 398A plus 90 furnace. The inducer motor

I have a Bryant Model 398A plus 90 furnace. The inducer motor makes a racket every time it starts up. It sounds as if the wheel is rubbing against the inside of the housing. I have tried to adjust the motor via the screws and rubber grommets on the mounting tabs but to no avail. Do I need to replace the motor? Could it be out of alignment?

thanks

You will need to loosen the screw on the fan shaft and adjust the motor. Make sure it is not scrubbing then tighten the screw. This can be a two man job.

Please hit ACCEPT so I can be paid for my time. Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

are you refering to the the screw at the center of the motor itself? or are you refering to the screw above the motor that attaches the motor flange to the housing?

if the center screw, it looks as if it has a compression washer holding the shaft within the motor. Please help.

I am talking about the screw that connects the shaft to the blower wheel.