gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

I have a Ruud Achiever 90 Plus furnace and the fan is starting

I have a Ruud Achiever 90 Plus furnace and the fan is starting to squeak.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 6 years ago.
Sounds like your blower wheel is spinning on the hub. Makes a squeaking sound when it runs. Need to replace blower wheel. If you want to do it yourself go to You can get your blower wheel there. Service tech about 200.00 to change. Takes about 30 minutes. Rus
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can imagine how that might be the case. It only squeaks/whirs on occasion and in lowest humidity...of frigid MN.

So If I understood you correctly, you think I can get the part from the web site you provided and then I should have a specialist install it. Not something I can necessarily do on my own?

Also, the measurements are outside/inside, right?

You can do this yourself. If you wanted a service tech to do it would about 100.00 if you supplied part. 200 to 250 if they supplied the part. Wheels are messured by width and diameter.Also by counter clockwise rotation clockwise rotation. You look at the side which is the side with the nut that holds the fan to shaft. See which was the blades are cupped and that is the rotation. CW orCCW hub side. Your blower wheel has a 1/2 inch shaft. So you can do it yourself (easy to do) or get a service tech to do it. Rus