Bill, HVAC Technician
Experience:  15+ years service tech.

Fault codes on johnson controls G891TCA-8102

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
is this a fast flash(every 1/2 second) or slow (flash than2 1/2 seconds than flash)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
fast flash
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.

fast flash is problem with flame sensor, wire may be broke or grounding on furnace cabinet.

if no problems with wiring, sensor most likely is fauty

Edited by Bill on 1/7/2010 at 6:01 AM EST
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
did this help?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Bill. Thanks for the information. The day I wrote you, a heater repairman was here trying to troubleshoot my furnace. This was the second visit in one week, the furnace would not advance to the blower phase and just shut down, no heat. He was here for 5 hours, calling Lennox, peers, etc. He did not get any concrete answers but felt he had narrowed the problem down to the control module and wanted to replace it. He did do a thorough check on the whole system and the furnace has not shut down since 1/4/10. I will call him tomorrow morning and give him your response. This is the second furnace installed in my home in 19 years, and now I learn that the Lennox Pulse21 is obsolete. I also had return air issues that I thought had been resolved adding new vents when the Pulse was installed maybe 10 years ago. Another measurement the tech noticed was the s/a=116.2F, r/a=71.0F which is 45.2F within the specified range of (40-70degrees). Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. Debbie
Expert:  Bill replied 6 years ago.
your welcome