Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

Have a Carrier Thermostat model TSTATCCPB501 that went blank.

Have a Carrier Thermostat model TSTATCCPB501 that went blank. I have checked the breaker and it seems fine. Any thoughts on what I can do? Will probably have to call a tech tomorrow, but hoping to have it up and running before another cold night.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Mark Henley replied 6 years ago.

You can look on the furnace circuit board for a fuse , its an automotive type fuse either orange or purple, If its blown you can pull it out and change and restart it, if not you have a more serious problem probably with the thermostat.

Thanks

Mark

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
And where would that be located?

The circuit board in the furnace in the blower section usually, you will have to turn power of to the unit and remove the covers on it.

Thanks

Mark

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Wanted to know if the "Safe-T-Switch" and condensate has anything with the shutdown? I'm going to check the fuse, but would like to know if that may have any affect if the fuse is fine.

It shouldn't be wired into the thermostat power, you can take the two wires that run to it and touch them together to see if the thermostat lights back up.

Thanks

Mark