Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

i have a carrier 58PAV and got error code 23. the technician

i have a carrier 58PAV and got error code 23. the technician came and replaced the pressure switch and said the blower motor also had to be replaced because he said that if you replace the pressure switch the motor will go in a hour or 2. 1400$ later and its still not working have to turn main power off after it cuts out and turn it back on to get heat. now he says that the circut board has to be replaced 800$. Am i getting ripped off?

Definitely, the motor thing was total BS. He obviously does not know what he is doing other than just scamming you.

What code do you get now and what does the code chart say the fault is ? The chart is on the door panel .

Thanks

Mark

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok.. sorry for the delay.. its actually my sisters furnace.. so it is just showing a solid light now.. what she said is happening is that the furnace blows cold air for a couple minutes when it first cuts in then the ignitor catches and heat will start blowing.\

I afgree with the blower. She also said to leave all the parts and he didnt leave the pressure switch so im wondering if he even replaced that/.

It sounds like it may be a problem with the circuit board but the other parts were probably not necessary,If it were me I would get a second opinion on it and hold payment on the first if possible.

Thanks

Mark

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ya the research i have done is that it is the circut board. because she said yesterday that sometimes it would work and sometimes not. she already paid with visa and the guy is coming out today so i will be there and tell him to replace the circut board and put in the old parts. to see if that solves the problem. The technician best coporate.

Thanks for your time and advice.

No problem, it sounds like a plan, you do get some relief from the credit card company in these matters if you pursue it with them, if it comes to that.

Thanks

Mark