gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC

I have a Goodman Heat Pump that makes a high pitched squealing

I have a Goodman Heat Pump that makes a high pitched squealing sound sometimes when the fan on the heat pump runs. I assume it is the fan motor bearings going bad. Any other items that could cause this noise
No I sell Goodman products and the motors are prone to go out. More on jeat pumps than Air Coditioning because heat pumps run more. If it is not in warranty just order a 1/4 horsepower condesor fan motor on line. 14 horsepower 1050 RPM 1/2 inch shaft reversable. An just change it yourself. Tape off brown with stripe and hook brown to F an capacitor. Rus If you are satisied with my answer hit accept I do not get paid unless you do. Good feedback and bonuses are always welcome. I am impressed you ak the right questions.
The bolt paterns on a univeral motor will fit the Goodman. The universal motors have a longer shaft. You may have to cut some off most of the time you dont. Directions with the universal motors are very customer friendly.