Douglas, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Manufacture Rep for Major Brand, Technical Trainer, NATE

I have a luxaire gm8s furnace giving me a fault code 7 which

I have a luxaire gm8s furnace giving me a fault code 7 which indicates: low gas pressure, bad gas valve valve , bad hot surface ignitor or burner problem as possible causes. the ignitor glows red hot ,ignites the flame which then travels across until the burner ignites properly it appears. Then after about 20 seconds of this it shuts down. Any ideas or trouble shooting tips will be greatly appreciated . I thought possibly the flame sensor could be bad.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX central Texas
Flame sensors rarely go bad, but they do get a film of dirt or soot on them. Turn your furnace off and clean the flame sensor (on opposite end of burner rack) with steel wool or even a crispy dollar bill. If all you can find is sandpaper thats ok, but I dont like using it because it scratches the surface and it gets dirty faster. Try cleaning that and turn it back on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'l try that now thanks.
i'll be here for a bit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That appears to be what it was.Its not shuting itself down now.Its amaising what I can acomplish with someonelses intelect and a 49 cent piece of 400 grit sandpaper.Thank you very much for your help,and my now warming family thans you also.
Well Great!

If you feel I have answered your question appropriately, click accept. As always, especially over the holidays, feedback and bonuses are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Merry Christmas!