Douglas, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Manufacture Rep for Major Brand, Technical Trainer, NATE

I have a Ruud Achiever 90 plus furnace model # UGRA-09EZAJS. I

I have a Ruud Achiever 90 plus furnace model # XXXXX

I can't get any heat to blow through the vents but the blower is running when the controls are set on heat or on the off position. Also, nothing different happens between the auto or fan positions.

Any clues to what the problem may be?
In the blower door (lower one) look through the window and look for some lights. Tell me what you see.
Also, watch them when you have a call for heat. Have someone turn the thermostat up while you watch thelights and listen
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

one of the lights is blinking but no difference in sound

Can you tell me how many times? Is it once then a pause or like 3 times and a pause? Is there more than one light lit and or blinking?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
blinks 4 times and then a pause. From what I can see the blinking green light is above another green light that remains solid.

Ok 4 times... That is telling me that the pressure switch that proves the inducer (venter) motor is closed when it should not be. Take the top door off and you will see in front of you a motor housing that is black. Down to the left are two diaphram pressure switches. One has a tube connected to the inducer motor housing, the other plugs into the heat exchanger.

The upper pressure switch... removed the hose and see if the motor starts (assuming there is a call for heat present). Once the motor starts rehook the tube to the pressure switch.
Did that allow it to run? We are not done yet... Did any water come out of the tube?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok now we have something. The fire has ignited and there was some water in the tube.
ok take the tube off, blow the tube out and reinstall it and start over.

You should be good to go.

If you feel I have answered your question appropriately, please click the accept button. As always feedback and bonuses are welcomed and greatly appriciated.

Have a great holiday season to you and yours.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok. Is this a temporary fix to my problem or do you think this cures the issue? Also, what do you think caused this and is it something that often happens with this model?
do you have a serial number for the furnace?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

serial number: eh5d707f390002771

Also, from your previous said to blow the tube out and reinstall. Was that in reference to the inducer motor tube or the tube leading from the furnace to my drain pipe?

I was merely stating what you would see.

Your furnace is about 9 years old so if it were a problem it would have appeared long before this.

You dont need to mess with the drain. If the drain plugs it will block the lower tube from the negative pressure.

I work on all brands of furnaces, it's rare but over time water vapor gets into the tube because the products of combusion are very wet. One day these droplets will form a full drop. Just enough to plug the hose. It should not be a continuous problem. If it becomes one, then you can use a small paper clip to make sure no scale has built up where the tube from the pressure switch connects to the furnace. Dont poke the pressure switch itself.
IM glad I could help... everything ok now?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

i was good for about a half hour but then it all happened again? Back to the blinking lights. I will try everything again...

when it was running I had a solid yellow and 2 solid green lights. What does the yellow represent.

the yellow light is the flame signal light, it will only be lit when the burners are on. One green light is the power light telling you that the board is powered. The other green one is a status light. On means ok, normal. then there are various flash codes. Inside the blower door should be a sticker that says what each means.

You may have water in the switch itsef. If so, power it down and remove it and see if you can get the water out. Otherwise the switch will need replaced.

This upper switch, just so we are on the same page, where did it plug to? Same problem meaning same 4 flashes?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yeah we're on the same page. I unplugged and blew it out again and a small droplet did come out. Hooked it back up and we are running all solid lights again. I'm going to let it run for a while and see what happens. If I still have issues I will dial you back.

Thanks for your time and for sticking with me.

OK... I threw some pixi dust on the screen here so we should be good to go...Wink