Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience:  14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations

I am replacing a simple comfort 2210 thermostat with a Honeywell

I am replacing a simple comfort 2210 thermostat with a Honeywell rth7500 we did not label the wiring prior to removal of the simple comfort. What wires match what? We have a Gibsoon JT3BC-024K heat pump with a split unit.
Tell me what color wires you have coming out of the wall.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Red, green, yellow, blue, white, brown, orange and black.
on the new thermostat you should have Red to rc or rh (these two terminals should be jumped from the factory) yellow to the Y terminal, green to the G terminal, white to the aux terminal,orange to the O/B terminal, and then I am going to need you to go down to the furnace and find out what the black, brown, and blue wire are hooked to at the furnace (if nothing please say nothing when you respond)

Edited by Matthew on 12/19/2009 at 11:35 PM EST
I will go ahead and write this while I am waiting for your response. On the thermostat you need to hit the left button and release this should change the screen, then hold down the middle button where it says fan until the screen changes. You are now in the installer set up menu. functions 120-150 are the year, month, day settings so set that up 20,09,12,19. If I do not list a function number that means leave it where it is set already. function 0170 should be 7, 0180 should be 1, 0240 should be 9, 0300 should be 1, and 0330 should be 2

Edited by Matthew on 12/19/2009 at 11:43 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We have looked at both the inside and outside unit and wires com in and go to a variety of things. I am unsure what they are. Documentation on the inside unit says y=yellow, r=red, c=grey, g=green, w1=brown and w2=orange
Yes ok what I need to know is what color from the wire going to the thermostat is hooked to the brown in the furnace, the grey in the furnace, and the orange in the furnace. If you could find me a model number on the electric furnace that would be great.

Edited by Matthew on 12/20/2009 at 12:11 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

unit inside is GB 3BM-030K-AB

i now have wires connected to thermostat as follows. R-Red O/B-Orange Y=Yellow G=Green and C=Blue and W2/Aux = White and E=Brown. Does that sound right?

Well that all depends on what they used to hook to the grey wire and the brown wire in the furnace cabinet. If the brown wire from the thermostat is hooked to the brown wire in the furnace then that is ok. If the blue wire from the thermostat is hooked to the grey wire in the furnace then that is ok. Make sure you go through those installer set up options I posted above or your system will not work.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much for your help.
no problem good luck with it.