BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have a Bryant Evolution 95i Plus furnace and the Evolution

Customer Question

I have a Bryant Evolution 95i Plus furnace and the Evolution Control. On the furnace is a Aprilaire humidifier. The control doesn't call for the humidifier, as last year I don't think it came on at all. I have notice the outside temperature is 185 degrees. I know there seems to be some type of sensor outside by the a/c unit. In an attempt to see if this is causing the humidifier not to kick on, can I replace the outside sensor? I'm trying to trouble shoot to see if my controller is bad. I know the outside temperature and outside humidity levels are part of what makes the humidifier come on.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.

You are correct, if the sensor reads, if mistakenly a high temp outside this will impede operation of the humidifier.

Replace sensor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What is the part number or how can I get this sensor?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.
Just a moment and I pull part number.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.

Link for part number and information only. Feel free to shop around or order locally

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Whether the Evolution Controller is Bryant doesn't make a difference, or they all pretty much the same. All I would do is cut off the old one and put on the new one?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.
You are correct. It is just a matter of input to the evolution controller. You will most likely have a pair of wire nuts you can undo and replace. Or if more convenient cut and splice. Also many are now putting it in the furnace inake pipe by drilling a small 1/4" hole and inserting in the pipe. This keeps the control inside yet sampling outdoor air as it is brought into the intake pipe
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Lastly, if this does not solve my humidifier problem, is the next step to have someone look at the Evolution Controller, which is still under warranty?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.
That would be correct. You already know by bypassing that it is a breach in the control circuit. Once sensor is replaced the last option for fault is the controller not energizing the humidifier contacts
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 years ago.
You are very welcome and I wish you a pleasant holiday season