Jim Burgess
Jim Burgess, HVAC Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, Liscensed HVAC, Appliance Tech, Small Engine

My gas wall furnace (Williams) wont start up. the piolt stays

Customer Question

My gas wall furnace (Williams) won't start up. the piolt stays lit thermostat won't kick in. It's old but has worked fine. I noticed a red wire is not attached maybe this is the problem but I can't see where it go's. the model number is XXXXX
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jim Burgess replied 6 years ago.
red and white wires attach to terminals on gas valve marked with TH,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is a red plastic area with TH and TP and a black wire attached to it.kind of like a metal clip on the end of it. be,ow that is where the white wire is attached in a similar way. a crimped clip like thing that slides on and off. It has TH by it too. There is I think a thermal couple attaced also. one wire split into two and attached to screws. one behind the black th tp wire and one to another screw in the middle with a blank place next to it for something to attach. Also the white wire has a place next to it to attach something
touch the red wre to the screw that doesn,t have a wire attached,with the thermostat calling for heat,and pilot on,burner should come on