Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential

I have a carrier weathermaker 9200 58MXA080-16 we are having

Customer Question

I have a carrier weathermaker 9200 58MXA080-16 we are having really cold weather and in the morning when it is trying to warm up house, after it runs for a lengthy period it will shut off, then the combustion air fan will come on then shut off and code 31 shows up. I have checked both the vent line and the combustion air line for blockage and both are fine. Once the house is up to temp and the unit doesn't have to run as long it is fine. There is a hose from the induction housing to the condensate collector that is very short and turns a 90 degree corner, it seems to be somewhat collapsed but not completely, could this be causing condensate to build up in the induction housing when unit runs for long period and causing pressure switch to not close or do I just have a bad switch
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Mark Henley replied 6 years ago.

Yes it can,

You also want to remove and blow out all the hoses connected to the pressure switch, also clean out the barbed fitting that it connects to the inducer housing with a paper clip. Let me know what happens,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
removed and blew out all hoses connected to pressure switch, I'm assuming you mean barbed fitting where hose from pressure switch connects to inducer, cleaned it also all hoses were clear, small amount of crud around inside of fitting on inducer. Since it only faults out when trying to heat up house, and takes a really long time to heat up house due to faulting out will have to wait till later to try and see if did any good. I'm also thinking of replacing short 90 hose mentioned before with a straight hose to a tempary catch container to see if hose is problem will this work if not connected to condensate collecter?

As long as it replaces what you have without kinking, it should be fine.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Mark I'll let you know if we did any good