Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

Trane xr80 light flashes 2 times indicating (external lockout-

Customer Question

Trane xr80 light flashes 2 times indicating (external lockout- retries or recyles exceeded): I have cleaned the heat probe. Any ideas on what to check next?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Mark Henley replied 7 years ago.

External lockout can also mean that the limit switches are tripped, look for a these type switches around the burner and reset them by pressing the small button in the center of them, let me know. Then let me know what the furnace does from the time you turn it on until you get the lockout code,

Thanks

Mark

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Turned unit off then it restarted fine, until this morning now it starts to ignite then shuts down and the board show it still calling for heat.

Tried the reset on the limit switches and no luck. rechecked connections as well as the pressure switch.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Mark,

Due to the lack of follow up. Due to multiple error codes I changed the board and now it is working correct.

OK, thanks

Mark