Matthew
Matthew, HVAC Technician
Experience:  14 years experience in the HVAC field of service, installation, Manual J & D calculations
6927568

i have a Concord 80 Plus Gas Furnace that is malfunctioning.

Customer Question

i have a Concord 80 Plus Gas Furnace that is malfunctioning. It seems to reach room tempature and shuts off. and doesnt restart. I have to manually lower the temp on the thermostat till the thermostat clicks then turn the temp back up and the furnace will start. run for several minute warm the house nicely then shuts off and wont start again.

any thoughts on what might be the problem? the indicator light on the furnace blinks 6 times what ever that means.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Matthew replied 7 years ago.
the blink code of 6 is pressure switch cycle lock out. Your pressure switch in the furnace is not opening after a heating cycle is completed. How old is furnace?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is only a couple years old
Expert:  Matthew replied 7 years ago.
I need you to go down to the furnace and take the doors off until you see the control board. In the bottom left corner next to the thermostat wire terminals you will see a little reset button. push that button and write down the blink codes that it shows you it will show you the last 5 codes that have been displayed starting with the most resent.

Edited by 21st centry HVAC on 12/3/2009 at 6:59 PM EST