Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

I have a lennox model #g12d2e-82-6 aprox 25years old never

I have a lennox model #g12d2e-82-6 aprox 25years old never a problem till now i turn it on and the igniter starts and the pilot comes on for aprox 1 to 2 seconds and shuts off can you help thanks ron

Is it a hot surface glow igniter or a spark igniter ?

Thanks

Mark

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
HI mark this is a electronic spark igniter

Have you tried cleaning off the pilot assembly with a piece of scotchbrite or emery cloth, especially the flame sensing rod ?

Other than that you will need a volt meter to test the module out, it should be a gray box spark module maybe a Robertshaw or Honeywell, let me know

Thanks

Mark

Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience: UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Mark i see the ignitor rod that goes in the part that looks like spark plug and it sparks but i don't see the flame sensing rod shouldn't it be in the pilot flame area?
Can you post a pic of the pilot assembly and blower compartment for me?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Mark i pulled the panel where the safety door button is so i could take a better picture i tryed it again and it started there are some wires there with screw on wire caps i twisted them tighter didn't seem loose but it works now thanks for your help im sure when it gets cold here it won't work and i will be getting in touch with you. Thanks again Ron

Hi Ron,

I did get paid and thank you for that,

Thanks

Mark