DanielC
DanielC, HVAC Technician
Experience:  11 years experience in repair and replacement of residential and light commercial HVAC. CFC Certified
22762638

I replaced the defrost board on a Trane heat pump. At that

Customer Question

I replaced the defrost board on a Trane heat pump. At that time the two sensors, bottom coil sensor and the ambient sensor, checked out good. When I test ran the heat pump it was stuck in defrost, I then rechecked the sensors and found the bottom coil sensor was open. I ordered the parts from a local Trane supplier. The sensors arrived today ,they are both ambient sensors. Can you tell me if Trane has replaced the Botttom Coil Sensor with an ambient sensor.Trane heat pump, mod#TRW048C100A4 SER#NO81W1NCF, THANKS.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  DanielC replied 7 years ago.

No, the bottom should be able to sense the temp of the coil/line itself.

Sounds like they sent the wrong part.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Daniel, do you have an E-mail address that I could forward my E-mail from the Trane part persons E-mail they sent me showing a diagram with both sensors and saying that they were replaced with one sensor. Thanks.
Expert:  DanielC replied 7 years ago.

Unfortunately trading personal emails is a violation of the rules the we experts agree to.

You could post that info here though, and I would be happy to assist.