BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I also have a Ruud Silhouette II furnace. The fault code on

Customer Question

I also have a Ruud Silhouette II furnace. The fault code on the "OK" LED also indicated a "pressure switch closed" (4 blinks). Yesterday, I tried the solution below (clearing the tube leading to the switch & also blowing/sucking on the tube - and I was able to hear the "click"). I then re-started the furnace, turned the thermostat up and the system came back on and seemed to be working properly.The temperatures were fairly mild and ran only the one time. However, today the furnace would not come back on when I turned up the thermostat. Suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
either the pipes have an obstruction, the drain is partially blocked, or the tube ends are blocked.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sorry for delay in replying - I have been in and out since I posed my question. In your reply you listed pipes have an obstruction - what pipes are you referring to? Re: the drain - the drain pan is dry. Re: the tube ends being blocked - I mentioned in my question that I had already cleared the tube.

After I asked the question - perhaps an hour later - the furnace kicked on and has seemed to run properly and the LED light has shown no error codes. After posing the question here and after reading a string of posts on DIY forum on this problem(which I had just finished reading immediately prior to the unit kicking back on), it seems the issue is the pressure switch "sticking". The switch (and furnace) seem to be running ok - at least for now.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Excellent, if you need further help let me know