BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Im installing a Honeywell L4064W1098 8 limit control in my

Customer Question

I'm installing a Honeywell L4064W1098 8" limit control in my Heil NUGK125DK09 gas furnace since the Heil part was not in stock. It says to remove the copper jump bar on the limit switch if using with a low voltage circuit. How do I know if I have a low voltage circuit?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Hello, you will want to remove the jumper. Did you have 2 wires on the fan side and 2 on the limit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

There is just one red cable strand wire on the fan side and one identical red cable strand wire on the limit side. I hooked it up just like the Honeywell limit switch I removed but can't tell if it has a copper jump or not? The directions say to remove it IF it is a low voltage circuit. Once it is removed of course I can't replace it.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.

The copper jumper is a thick wire in the center at the bottom that joins the 2 bottom terminals. Accoring to what I have seen on th NUGK there are 2 wires on the fan side and 2 wires on the limit side. Here is part 2 of the 2 manual set for the NUGK....

http://icpindexing.mqgroup.com/documents/086477/NUGK%20SERVICE%20MANUAL%20PART%202.pdf