Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC

I have a Glowcore GB90 furnace and the combusation blower has

Customer Question

I have a Glowcore GB90 furnace and the combusation blower has gone out does anyone know how many CFM it would take to replace? Interestingly I have seen a lot of blowers but never as heavy duty as this one. however it is a 1/2 HP motor (not the problem). VERY heavy all cast Al parts should have lasted for more than the 8 years.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 7 years ago.
Maybe the sensing line is clogged these induced draft fan have air flow switch that as to prove air flow before it will allow it to go to next step. It will be small rubber hose and also clean the barbed ends
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Rick,

I will check but I did not think the red light on the RAM (high voltage control) would come on unless that air flow switch was off (as well as flue pressure, water flow,high limit and operating switches). Also I think I hear the spark but do not see the flame.

As I asked in the "optional info", Do you think my trying to test with a small shop vac blower is too much air? Book says air switch should be 1.1" W.C. What is W. C. Maybe Water Column?

Yes that is Inches of Water Column