BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

Trane gas pack Model ycc030f1mobe No heat. The fan blows.

Trane gas pack Model ycc030f1mobe
No heat. The fan blows. There is gas in the tank. A red light inside the device is blinking. Air coming from the gas pack--cool. I opened the machine and flipped a switch from on to off and back on. No change.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Is the combustion fan running
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I believe so. At the gas back I feel air blowing from the vent labled hot.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Good, now what happens is a switch that has a rubber tube to it has to close. The fan starts and pulls air thriugh the system to and to send the ok for ignition it pulls air through this small rubber tube and closes the air switch. Then after this switch makes contact it begins the igniton process. The first thing that needs to be checked is if that switch is being closed by the air flow. also count the blinks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no black tube. there is a red tube that runs from interior right to fan. Light blinked four times.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
On the door of the unit at electrical is a legend of what the blinks mean on that particular unit. What is your code 4 listed as?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
high limit tco open
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Ok, this means an overtemp situation. The limit tripped on overheat and did not reset itself. Look on the diagram to locate. You may be able to reset by tapping it . Worst case is to replace the limit. Check filters and air flow to make sure the blower is ok and the filter clean