BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

my white-rodgers 50a55-843 integrated fan control has an led

Customer Question

my white-rodgers 50a55-843 integrated fan control has an led diagnostic light that is blinking 6 times. Our a/c was working fine all year but now the heater won't work. It energizes from the thermostat but the glow from the ignitor doesn't happen and no burner flame happens then it shuts off and the led blinks 6 times. It is a comformaker furnace.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kenton Guidry replied 7 years ago.
Please look on the panels that are on the furnace for a description for that trouble code.

You may have to remove the panels to look on the inside of them.

Let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the label on the control module says that there is either a bad ground or reversed 115 voltage. I have not been inside the unit or done anything to it in a few years
I understand.

Have you had any electrical work done to your home, or outside and the power coming in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
none at all.
Is the control board grounded to the furnace, and is there a ground wire that goes from the furnace to the breaker box?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the control board is grounded to the furnace. I don't know about the ground to breaker box. Nothing has changed since last year when the furnace worked great.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Hello, this is a sign of an internal fault with the control itself. This will require replacement.