BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

My ARCOAIRE Gas Furnce is not blowing any heat. The heating

My ARCOAIRE Gas Furnce is not blowing any heat. The heating flame ignites an dthe fan blows, but there is, absolutely, no heat coming our anywhere. What might be wrong and where do I find a manual to repair it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Was he referring to the squirrel cage that blows air through your home? and is this a house, modular or mobile home?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes he was. I checked it and, agreed, it could use a good cleaning, which I will do thatas soon as I find a manual to help me do it right, but it still blows air through the system, with a strong force. This is a house.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.

The Arcoaire and the Amana are the same marketing and manufacturer. Here is the manual to your furnace.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I just read this manual and all it gives me, that I haven't figured out for myself, is contact numbers. Are you telling me to contact these peole as you are not sure what the problem is?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
I am sorry. I read your question as where could you get a manual. That is the owners manual with maintenance and operation information. If you have heat, and blower, then your issue is distribution. You will need to clean out all the fins on the squirrel cage. This is a sign of not changing the filter. And if you have air conditioning the indoor coil is surely plugged which hinders the delivery dramatically. I wish I could give more concise direction, but all I have are symptoms and issues described here. It would be easier to see it firsthand, but I do the best I can sightunseen.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I understand.

What I was told, by a kowledgeable neighbor, is there is some kind of heating plate, the the air is blown across, and this placte is not heating up like it should. I thought I would try the experts to see if they could confirm this. Is there something that the fire heats up that the air is blown across to distribute the heat? If so, can this go bad and replacement of it take care of the problem? Would it be best to contact the manufacturer?

Like is said, in the begining, the furnace is blowing air, real strong, the bruners are working, just fine, only the air is cold and I don't have, nor do I need AC.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
You have what is called a heat exchanger. It is the transfer of heat from onside of the plate to the other into the airstream that creates your warmth. If your heat exchange is poor I would have the firing rate of the unit checked. It is very possible that you are underfired