KenCan
KenCan, HVAC Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience, Nate certified, EPA certified, TX state license
18042576

I have a Lennox G43UF gas unit The condensation unit on

I have a Lennox G43UF gas unit

The condensation unit on the left side is leaking.

You can feel water on the underside of the unit and when I took off a cap on the bottom left side some water drained out.

We moved into this house in June 2007 and I suppose this is the 3rd of 4th winter for the unit.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomerbr />Are you refering to the condensate pump? Is the a small diameter tube connected to the unit that is routed to a drain?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am referring to what is called the condensation unit or trap.

It is mounted on the left side of the furnace about 18" above the floor.

There is a plastic cap on the front and a small rubber cap at the bottom.

On the reverse side there is another rubber cap and an assembly that connects to a round vertical unit about

Then connected to this filter at the bottom is a vinyl tubing which runs to a drain.

I removed the small rubber cap and some water came out.

I am not sure if water is being drained through the vinyl tubing.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the
Expert:  Rick replied 4 years ago.
I'm not familiar with this device I'll opt out and give another expert a crack at this
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll wait for your reply
Expert:  KenCan replied 4 years ago.

Do you have a full model number and serial number?

Thanks,

Ken

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'll get it for you tomorrow
Expert:  KenCan replied 4 years ago.

Ok. I found what I needed. I am attaching a link that shows you the trap for your furnace. When these traps are installed they should not be glued in to the furnace. They are installed by pushing the two male ends into the furnace and they have two rubber rings to keep from leaking and negative air draws. There is two 1/4 inch screws that hold this to the furnace. In some cases these traps are over tightened because technicians will use a cordless and when this happens it pulls on this black box that we call a condensate trap. Inside this trap there is channel that can break when over tightened and they will leak. I suggest you change this condensate trap out and if the serial number is XXXXX later it will be under warranty. Let me know if you have further questions.

http://www.cozyparts.com/Lennox-Parts/Search.aspx?Keyword=61m35

Thanks,

Ken

Positive feedback is appreciated!!Smile

Edited by KenCan on 10/3/2009 at 3:27 AM EST
KenCan, HVAC Technician
Experience: 20+ years experience, Nate certified, EPA certified, TX state license