BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

How do I test a honeywell R4184 D 1027 switch I have to use

How do I test a honeywell R4184 D 1027 switch? I have to use a jumper wire across it to make it fire.
Are you jumping T & T?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't know what T and T are but there are only two conectors on my switch which is where the wires for the flame sensor is attached. I have to use the jumper to get the furnace to fire and leave it connected to get a full cycle for hot water. It will not refire again on its own until I disconnect jumper and as soon as it fires hook it back up, otherwise it will only run 15 - 30 seconds, Flame sensor is new.

Wow that is a sign of a bad cad cell, or it is not seeing the flame. Look at this hXXXXX XXXXXnk for testing the eye and the control.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Billy I did have some insulation fall off the chamber in front of the flame rods, and in reading what you sent me wonder if the detector is getting to much heat. I am disabled and have plans to replace furnace I am just trying to buy some time so I can handle it financially.
Actually the symptoms you gave me about the jumper point to a bad eye or obstructed view. It confused me that the cad cell was new and did not work. To start the cad cell must see nothing, just dark, then when light hits it it loses restance and keeps the control goig. The jumper simulates this. I now thinkyou probably just have something blocking the view of the eye. I really wish you luck and hope it is just something in the way.