BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

How to hook up the wires for a White Rodgers thermostat?

It appears you only need the White to W. Most like the blue wire was a common, which helped power the old thermostat but will not be needed on this one. Tape off the blue and tuck behind. You are correct on everything else. Red to rc/rh with jumper, green to g, yellow to y and the white to w. The O & B are accessory terminals. One for heat and one for cool in case you were turning on a pump or zone valve.

Read full interaction below »

How do I hook up the wires for a White Rodgers thermostat? Coming from the wall, there's a red, yellow, white, blue, and green.

Category: HVAC
Do you just have a gas furnace with central air?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Electric with central air, I know the red goes to RC and a jumper to the RH and yellow goes to Y and Green goes to G, But I am not sure about the Blue and the White? The back of the White-Rodgers has a switch that is set to Electric. I have three option terminals on the thermostat, W, B, and O. Not sure where the white and Blue go to or if I need another jumper?