Ryan V.
Ryan V., HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  16 years in the HVAC industry. Including service, installation and design of HVAC systems.
23036405

My 1950 era gas wall heater has a Honeywell valve, pilot thermocouple

My 1950 era gas wall heater has a Honeywell valve, pilot thermocouple and a temp. control, probably millivolt. The pilot doesn't stay lit and the main valve never opens. I've taken the valve out of the heater. Are parts available for this valve or do I need to replace it? It doesn't seem to have a model no. Each module is stamped with a different number, such as V5106A   or C5281B or T5298A. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
What model (brand) is the wall unit? Is it the original gas valve?

Edited by Ryan V. on 9/17/2009 at 3:55 AM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes it's the original gas valve. The heater is Mission Appliance Co, Hawthorne, Calif

In my opinion, with the age of the valve. It should be replaced. You will be very hard pressed to find a part for it. If you take the valve to a local Johnstone Supply or other HVACR supply house. they will most likely be able to give you a crossover gas valve that will work just fine.
This is the number to Mission appliance. they are now based in texas(NNN) NNN-NNNN