Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

yellow purge light s flashing on my honeywell zoning system.

Customer Question

yellow purge light s flashing on my honeywell zoning system. my unit is not cooling? how can i fix this myself?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
This means a damper is still opening/closing, or the board thinks so. I would look for a damper that is stuck somewhere.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
what is a damper? where do I find it?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
The way the system is zoned is little doors in the duct work that open and close depending on the area that wants heating and cooling. The damper will be in the zone with the purge notification
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I guess this is out of my league cause I have no idea what you are talking about or where to begin to look. Is there any way I could go to get pictures?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Well to be honest, I try to help with basic things to check and explain what certain symptoms mean. This is actually something you should probably call a service man for. We have different areas do deal with here. Thermostat to zone panel, the zone panel, the damper inputs and the outputs to the furnace/ac. It may be wiser to leave things alone and call someone. I am sorry, this is probably not the answer you wanted, but in this case I think it would be best.