Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC
12095340

I have a Utica gas bolier - DV125 - it keeps shutting off and

Customer Question

I have a Utica gas bolier - DV125 - it keeps shutting off and not being able to restart itself. I have to manually reset it - multiple times per day.

I have had two service techs from different companies "fix" it and the problem keeps reoccurring.

To date - all of the electronics have been replaced and it has been completely re-wired. I have tried different thermostats at the suggestion of Utica who said that programmable digitals could cause problems.

I'm reluctant to keep spending money on temporary fixes but need the boiler to work as I am sick and tired of waking up with no heat/hotwater and then having to wait until it will reset. Even the manual reset doesn't work every time.

ANy help will be greatly appreciated.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 7 years ago.
<p>Sounds like the Flame Rod does not sense te flame properly and is shuting down on flame failure. Does this boiler have standing pilot or does it light pilot before main flame?</p><p> </p><p>This should be a simple fix if tech knows what to look for!</p>