Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC

Need to replace existing 1974 Lennox G10 and would like to

Customer Question

Need to replace existing 1974 Lennox G10 and would like to add a/c. Home is 1300 sq. ft. one level ranch. What would you recommend? Home is locate in Pacific Northwest.
Received 2 bids so far....both recommending G71 furnace....but one recommending 2 ton Merit series a/c and the other recommending 2.5 ton Elite series a/c. Also, one recommended media air cleaner to keep the furnace running well. Want to install a good reliable system...without wasting money.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 7 years ago.
The G71 furnace is a good choice being that its a 95% unit. As far as the AC goes I would install the highest rated SEER unit that fits my budget being they are all real good being that brand. The filter is also a good investment in health and protection for unit