BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Lennox ES2-681 Electric Furnace and cant seem to

I have a Lennox ES2-681 Electric Furnace and can't seem to get only the blower to come on without the heater. How do I do this?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Do you have ac on this unit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No just the heat - I'm trying to draw cool air from the basement upstairs and it seems as if it would do this with just the blower running but I can't find a switch anywhere
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
I believe that furnace has separate breakers or fuses in the unit just for the heating elements. If so you could turn main breaker off to the unit and remove the fuses for the heat elements. Then turn on furnace and the fan will run thinking it is heating but the elements will not be on. There is another way but it requires some wiring and another wire to the thermostat. Let me know about the fuses for the elements and I will look for a diagram to make sure.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't see any fuses when I open the panel just wiring
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
<p>You should have fuse protection for the elements, see this link,</p><p><a href="https://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_pdf/INSTL/L0805596.pdf">https://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_pdf/INSTL/L0805596.pdf</a></p><p> </p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yeah I had already found that but no such panel exists on my unit - just straight wires when I open it up and nothing on the outside
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
so you go straight from wiring direct to a 220 v breaker with no fuses in between?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I took off the cover and only see relays on the inside.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
Ok, well there is a way to unhook the heat relay, but you would need the schematic which I am having a difficult time finding. The white wire that comes from the thermostat goes into the unit and feeds a blower relay and heat relays on a sequencer. I would rather not have you rewiring this unless you are fairly adept at electrical work.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I see that but am not adept at electrical wiring so should probably stop there! Thanks!
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 years ago.
I appreciate your patience and wish you luck.