Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

How do I raise the water pressure on my boiler

How do I raise the water pressure on my boiler?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Mark Henley replied 7 years ago.

We will need to know what the brand and type of heater this is and if you are referring to your domestic water or just the boiler pressure.

Thanks

Mark

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Its a Honeywell Glow Worm Swift Flow 100 Fanned Flue Combination Boiler.

Its saying low water pressure but I cant find any tap apart from a big red one attached to the gas pipe.

There IS a screw type thing at the bottom of the boiler (in the middle) but I cant turn that either way with a screwdriver and British Gas want to charge me £48 for the privilege of coming out even though I have a £267 yearly homeserve agreement thing with them!

I havent got a man in the house who can turn that screw thing but I dont want to force it in case its the wrong thing!

I'm not totally familiar with that unit but usually there are two screw adjustments and a looped piece of hose that are required to fill combination units. I will leave this question open for others to see also.

Thanks

Mark

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There IS a bendy bit of hose thing with 2 washers on but when I turn those then just seem to loosen the bendy pipe and do nothing else.

Would you say it's a braided hose ?

Is just hanging somewhere and not connected ?

Thanks

Mark

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>It seems to be connected between 2 pipes but Ive just twisted the things on them again and it still just feels like they're going to come off and it did nothing to the pressure guage.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

yes you do not want to take them off, there should be set screws close to them on each side that when opened allows water to flow form the domestic side into the boiler which fills the system up, you may end up paying the price this time and just make sure you watch what they do to get water into the system it is usually a simple process but very difficult to explain without seeing what you have, is it possible for you to take some photos of that area so that I can identify for you how to do this ?

Thanks

Mark

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>Its in a very dark cupboard so dont think the photos will be any good. Im going to ask my neighbour to take a look tomorrow now youve said where it should be.</p><p> </p><p>Thank you for trying to help. If all else fails Ill just have to pay blooming British Gas! Nightmare living on your own! My little girl hasnt even had a bath!! :)</p>

I fully understand the inconvenience of such an essential thing as warm water.

Hopefully he can get it going for you,

A flash camera might help.

Thanks

Mark