Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
Experience:  35 years experience, HVAC

I have a goodman GMPN Condensing gas furnace, the drain pan

I have a goodman GMPN Condensing gas furnace, the drain pan up by the coils in the furnace is leaking due to large cracks in the plastic. do I have to replace the whole coil unit the plastic pan is attached to or can I just get the pan replaced?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick Mather replied 7 years ago.
Trying to find a coil pan will be stuff and the labor to install is not worth it just have in coil installed. You can get new coil from Grainger they do not have to be matched by manufacturer only by SEER rating
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is the unit in the furnace itself up near the ducts I an not sure the term for what it is called it has a plastic drip pan attched to the bottom of it thats cracked in multiple areas and leaking on the basement floor flooding the area. its about twice the size of a breadbox, the cost of replacement was quoted at 1000 for the whole unit even though its only the plastic thats broken
Yes this is call the evaporator and I sent you link for new one from Grainger's so you could se what they cost