BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Hello I have a American Standard Freedom 80 Comfort R furnace.

Hello:

I have a American Standard Freedom 80 Comfort R furnace. Model is AUD100R9V5K4. Wall thermostat is Braeburn Model 3000 Non-Programmable Single-Stage Heat/Cool Thermostat. All installed about a year ago by a local contractor.

House is old and large in a somewhat damp climate...gets musty if no air circulating. My old system had a continuous fan setting so that even when heat or AC was not on, blower was still circulating air which was perfect.

Can the Am Standard Freedom 80 be configured for continuous blower fan? As it is now blower only comes on when heat or AC is on. Thermostat has switches for continuous and/or auto-recirculate but neither switch seems to have any effect. Thanks.

Chris

On the thermostat is a G terminal. And also on the furnace is a G terminal. First see if there is a wire attached to G at both locations.

If not , you will need to connect. If there is...remove top of stat and with a paperclip or wire touch R terminal to G terminal.

If fan turns = bad thermostat fan switch
If fan does not turn on = bad relay or circuit board.

Billy