Billy
Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a LuxPro square thermostat. It has fan on and auto.

Customer Question

I have a LuxPro square thermostat. It has fan on and auto. Set points for heat and cool. It is hardwired. It has heat,cool and off. There is no model number showing, I have no directions how to set it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Do you just want to set it for a temp, or is it programmable?

Billy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is not programable you have to push buttons to set temp for hot cold, they call it up or down
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
Ok, push function or mode to see "cool" appear, then press up or down button to scroll to the temperature you desire. Remember when you do this that the room temp will reappear on the window and not your setting.
Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience: Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I hjave tried that and it will not budge. I gather you know you are talking to a lady who does not knoe much about this but commom sense told me to try that. I thank you for your help and I will pay you for your effort. thany you barbara
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
There is something else we can try to see if the stat is good or bad..If you wantto?..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Any thing to help I am 71 yrs young but to keep getting yp and down to turn of the cool is maddening. thank you billy
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Ok, get a hair dryer,

set unit for heat and turn it up just 1 or 2 degrees above room temp. Let furnace kick on, and then start warming the area ariund the thermostat with the hair dryer. The furnace should shut off quickly. Then before the stat can cool...turn the system to cool and dial it to 1 degree below the room temp. The ac should kick on, the stat cool one degree and then kick off. Try that as a little project when you have the time. I wish you luck.

Billy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I do not have a dial. When you show cool a number is XXXXX mune is 45 which is too cool. I keep hitting down to set the temp, but nothing happens. I will try tour suggestion thank you