HVAC DOCTOR
HVAC DOCTOR, HVAC Technician
Experience:  21 years in the trade, 4 year technical college, manuf. rep for warranty & defective work claims
14712019

how much does it cost to have freon put in your home air c

Customer Question

how much does it cost to have freon put in your home air conditioner?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC DOCTOR replied 8 years ago.
It all depends on who you have do it. I have an hourly rate, with a minimum 1 hour, + truck charge and then the price of the refrigerant itself. Depending on how much you need, you pay by the pound usually + time to do the work. <br />Do you have any prices? <br />Jonathan
My rate varies, depending on the type of work I am called for, but for residential work, like charging a unit, I would normally bill 98 for an hour, 35 truck charge + refrigerant (freon) which ranges from 20 down to 10 per pound, depending on the quantity. The more freon, the better the price. Hope this helps.