Billy
Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

we have a goodman gas pack model #pgbo42125-1 status light

we have a goodman gas pack model #pgbo42125-1 status light blink 6 times what need to be check
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kenton Guidry replied 5 years ago.
Look on your panel to see the status code. The legend will be located on one of the panels of the furnace. Let me know what it says and I will tell you what needs to be done.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
status light blink six times compressorout put delay ceck 3 min comp anti-cycle timer
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Hello Haystack,

Do you have a meter and some experience using it? The anti cycle protects the compressor from stopping and starting to soon. It can get "stuck" sometimes and not re-engage. If you want we can track iot down.

Billy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have a meter what shouls i do
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

If you have a diagram somewhere on the unit , that will help also.

The delay timer is usually in the 24v circuit. 24v starts on R at the thermostat terminal in the package unit and goes inside to the stat. The stat sends it back on Y terminal for cooling. Follow the wiring from the Y terminal and it will take you through high pressure, low pressure and delay timers finally ending up on the contactor and pulling it in with the 24 v. The delay timer is quite often a 2"x2" square control. We want to put one meter lead to ground and test 24 v through the system from Y to the contactor.

First, turn off the unit and track wires and get familiar with it, and use the schematic if you have it. We want you to be able to identify the delay timer.

Billy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the timer is bulit into the integrated ignition control board
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Ok, let me get a better picture here,

are you wanting to heat? or cool? This is a gas heat/ac unit right?

The compressor would be for cooling and the ign control for heat.

So I feel a tad bit silly now. Exactly what are we trying to do and with what?

Billy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

cooling when tstat call and power is apply tp y status light start blinking six times

equip status is comperssor output delay you are to check anti timer their is no

external anti cycle timer

Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Alright,

go to this link, open and go to page 12. We are going to try something but I want to verify this is your unit.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

that is the correct wiring diagram

Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.
The delay timer may be built into the circuit board, I did not see one in the diagram although legend lists a code for the fault.....can you get a piece of wire long enough to go from Y to the contactor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you for your time
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you for your time i accept your answer
Expert:  Billy replied 5 years ago.

Your welcome, I wish you luck.

Billy

Billy, HVAC Technician
Experience: Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics