Jim Eastwood
Jim Eastwood, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  I HAVE OVER 35 YEARS EXPERIENCE INSTALLING ,SERVICING, SELLING AND TROUBLESHOOTING RESIDENTIAL HVAC

Hi, I am a HVAC Contractor, I call Goodman Tech support and

Customer Question

Hi, I am a HVAC Contractor, I call Goodman Tech support and The Board was bad. so I pick-up this kit: Flame Rectifcation Conversion Kit........... There is a harnass adaptor with like 5 or six wires they give you no insteructions where the wires are supposed to go!!!!, Also to the old gas valve there is a harnass about 6 to 8 wires going to the gas valve, the new one has two wires connection on the valve, can some-one help me!!

Flame Rectifcation Conversion Kit- #20224303/20224305 Amana

Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jim Eastwood replied 5 years ago.
I had a similar problem if it looks like it doesn't match theyprobably pulled the wrong part . However I am a little confused by your question as you say the board was bad but you picked up a flame rectification kit did the kit include the board just wanted to clarify..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes Jim,

I run a couple of test to verify that the board was bad.
The Induction Fan Motor Turns-on then off try to start the heating seqence, I pulled the pressure hose anf the Induction fan motor started, but no start sequence the motor just ran. I jumpered the pressure switch and the tech support stsated if you get nothing at all you have a bad board. I just wanted to replace the board, and they sold me this: Flame Rectifcation Conversion Kit.!!!!

Gemini-HVAC
Does that kit include the board?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I wired in the new board and the instruction manuel stated that you have to change the flame sensor and the gas valve when you change the board,
This adaptor harnass, when looking at the 12 pin harnass in side only has 11 pin slotted in the harness, then what and where do you plug the oringinal, then the other piece to this harnass has 4 pins in a 12 pin haarness. and 5-6 wires coming out of it.
So when you look at the you look at the new wiring diagram it shows a 12 pin plugs not 11 or 6 pins.

Gemini-HVAC
I'm going to opt out Mark if you are online maybe you can help obviously with that many changes they should have sent a diagram if its not too cold where you are I'm afraiud i would get on the phone with the wholesaler you got the board from or goodman to get right info I mam going to opt out no need to pay at this point
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Oh My name is XXXXX XXXXX Gemini-HVAC,

Thanks...... Reg

Reggie sorry nobody else has answered but i think that means they don't have anything to add and feel I have given you the correct answer even though it does not get you going right now please hit accept if I have answered your question