Mark Henley
Mark Henley, Journeyman Technician
Experience:  UA Journeyman Pipefitter , HVAC, Refrigeration, DDC controls. 26 years.Commercial & residential
10307865

Hello, I dont have enough hot water in my shower. I have

Customer Question

Hello, I don't have enough hot water in my shower. I have a State Water Heater with an adjustable upper and lower thermostat. My water temperature was fine, but then the other day I had no hot water. I checked the water heater and I had tripped the hot temp shut of switch so I reset it and readjusted the hi and low thermostats but now the water temp doesn't get hot enough. I have to turn the dial almost completely to the end to get any hot water. I don't have this problem with the water in my sinks though. Please tell me what to do. Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Mark Henley replied 7 years ago.

It sounds like the upper element is not functioning. If you remove the covers there may be a red circular reset button there , otherwise you probably need a new element.

Thanks

Mark.