Roger (Mr. Fixit)
Roger (Mr. Fixit), HVAC Contractor
Experience:  Family business for over 60 yrs. and two generations, Servicing all brands

My central heater is blowing cold air instead of heat I

Customer Question

My central heater is blowing cold air instead of heat?
I have a corsaire RCBA-3765AS21 And I had the same problem and the HVAC guy came over and replaced the igniter. It worked good for a day and now the same problem.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Roger (Mr. Fixit) replied 7 years ago.
I assume this is a gas furnace?? Do you see the glow from the ignitor?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes it is gas. I did not look

You need to look thru the inspection window and see if the ignitor glows. Most units have the small purge blower run, then the ignitor glows very bright yellow, and then while ignitor is glowing, the gas valve control opens, and burner should light. If you have the 1st thing working (draft purge blower), and not the glow, then the ignitor is probably out again. Usually not something that happens, but you could have gotten a bad ignitor, or someone touched the new one accidently, which will cause premature failure. Also make sure you have fuel, and your air filter is clean. To restart the ignition process, you just have to turn off power to the furnace, and after about 30 seconds, turn it on again. Then see how far the sequence goes. Also might check flue pipe for any blockage outside as a blocked flue will prevent sensors from turning on the ignitor because of no draft.